Today is my 21st day in 28

 




Celebrating my birthday in spring felt surreal. I guess I can officially say that I'm in my late twenties right now. I thought that'd be scary but turned out that is okay. Fewer friends, fewer goals, fewer things to make me excited, getting old is seriously the most boring thing that can happen in life, yet it just won't stop.

Alan called me several days ago and we reminisce about what could we change if we can return to our teens. I firmly said I would like more boys in high school. I only liked one during high school until the third year of college and he ended up never knowing it. I thought it was such a waste of time but turned out that it was not. I enjoyed all the time I got excited just because I parked my motorcycle next to his, given the possibility I might catch him up later. My heartbeat gets uncontrolled just because I passed his classes. Oh, how I miss the excitement of the youth. If I had known that my late twenties come this fast, I would have invested more in that little excitement to hold on for life.

It is not that I don't get excited nowadays. I have traveled around the globe and found new things that spark enthusiasm all the time. It's just, that the feeling is different. I have anticipated it. I don't let myself get too happy or too sad anymore. I try to maintain it at the normal level. As long as it keeps beating, I don't need anything special.

So in my first few weeks at 28, I expect more enthusiastic feelings like I felt as a teenager. Hopefully, it is my master's degree, visiting Europe, reunited with family and friends, being together with loved ones, or being the source of other people's happiness.

Happy (belated) birthday for me. Semoga tetap cantik sampai umur 50 plus plus.


Komentar

Postingan Populer