The search for everything by John Mayer - a bit response
John Mayer's newest album, The search for everything is finally out, just 2 days prior to my birthday! Been waiting for his album since forever, and I was THRILLED that this album is finally released on its entirety. This album is masterpieces, shows more emotional side of him, which is somehow cute.
Most comment in youtube compares The Search for Everything with Mayer's previous-a-decade-old album, continuum. As a fan of continuum, I should say that this album encompasses all of his musicality from various genre he ever wrote. Pop rock, country, and obviously, rock. So, this is my top 3 favourite song of his album.
1. Rosie
Got the vibe of "New Deep (2003); I don't trust myself with loving you (2006)", I love the song from the very first note. It reminds me of an old blues song sang in suburban coffee shop in a rainy night. I love it! My name is Jasmine, but for you, I can be a thorny rose. Haha.
2. Moving on and Getting over
I CAN RELATE TO THIS ONE. SO MUCH. Moving on and getting over are fundamentally different. Moving on itself is already a hard-challenging-life threatening process, but it does not automatically mean an over. However, I still got to get over, right?
Tell me I can have the fact that you've loved me to hold onto. Tell me I can keep the door cracked open, to let light through. For all my running I can understand. I'm one text away from being back again.
3. Still feel like your man
JOHN. DANCES. WITH. PANDAS.
JOHN'S. QUIRKY. SMILE. AS. THE. DOOR. CLOSED. WHILE. HE. HOLD. BUTTERFLIES.
How can I not love this one. The tune, the vibe, the guitar, the vocal, the lyrics. Everything is totally fit in my cup of tea.
I sing a bit, You're gonna live forever in me.
The only song in this album I can probably play, thanks to the simple chords applied.
So finally, thank you John. Thank you for making more songs. Thank you for making me feel the sadness of breaking up I never had, to explain the hardship of moving on I'm currently get through through song. hahaha.



Komentar