2016? what do you mean??!!

I can't believe I just skipped 5 months of writing in this blog. This is surely the longest absence I have ever had since the first time I write here. But the main reason I temporarily quit writing in this (what so called) diary is because there is nothing good happened to me in the last few months. Not even my graduation. Not even the fact that I put on braces in my (already perfectly arranged) tooth (actually) in order to fix my jaw line (my dentist told me to do so. I don't do this for the shake of what's so called 'biar dikata gaul' Try to google "open bite", a situation I've been endured for the last 21 years). 2015 had been the toughest year I had in my entire life and I was so exhausted for things that never goes as it were supposed to.

And then 2016 comes. A year I have been imagining as a magical year with pixie dust showering me in each day. 2016 is the milestone I’ve created with my best friend, stating that we should accomplish our promises we made when we were in high school. Now this is getting scary. The future you had always imagined just recently became your present. I’m thrilled for the fact that my present is not quite the same, not even close, with the description I had in mind when I was 16. It is funny, because when I was a kid, I thought I could be everything. No boundaries will ever stand on my way, no wall will be unbreakable, and no mountain will ever be too high. And then I get older, and I realize that the path I tried to cross is nothing but stone with dead end in every corner.

I met Alan yesterday. He is the one who dragged me to the 5-years-after-graduation promises. One thing I think I gain by becoming his friend is his idea about life never fails to make me think of what I really want in life. We don’t have to live doing things we don’t like to pay the endless stacks of bills. We don’t have to match the society standard in order to be presumed as normal people. Never measure people by number; by how much they earn, how many countries they have visited; since happiness is uncountable noun. If you think you are happy by being united with your partner, then get married. If you think you still want to spend most of your time for yourself, then stay single. If you think money is happiness, then chase it. If you think you should stay for your family, then stay. If you think you should be able to visit five continents before you die, then travel. If you think being useful for people is what makes you really happy, then find your way to help the others. You can’t measure happiness by the society’s standard. They’re not you. I am not you. You are not me.

It doesn’t mean that I have so much choice in life. I’m only gonna be 20-ish for 10 years. I’m only gonna be 22 for a year. January will lasts for only a month, 2016 will only consists of 12 months. I may have time, I may have no time, but one thing I know for sure is I only live in this mortal world once.


oh yeah another thing I like about our friendship, we don't have to necesarilly take a bath before we met each other hahaha. Thanks for the lecturing, lan!

Komentar

Postingan Populer