A Theis
A Blind 7 years old girl ever asked me,
"Where is God"
I was shut for a moment, not knowing any proper word to answer. The only thing I knew about God's location was preached by my religion teacher in junior high school,
God is closer to you than your neck to your nerves.
So I touched her neck and whispered in her ears, God with you now is as close as my voice to you, I said.
She wondered again, as long as I have my sight, I never seen God, she said. I bear a smile which I realize she would never see, because honestly I didn't know how to answer her. I wasn't that close to God anyway.
She was gone several months later. Leave such a deep misery to myself. I still send my best prayer for her, for teaching me so many things about live.
Now, I found that my answer to her was exaclty right. I feel it. I feel God in my every breath. The truth that I was just answer her any word that crossed my mind shames me, I didn't feel the presence of God that much at that time. I was just lying to her.
Now I find that my answer is correct, my teacher's saying is correct, I don't want to let God gone further. It is true that I was born Islam, I practice the rituals habitually, not by my inside willingness, but that habit is something I hold on, and internalize into something I can not live without, something to keep God close to me.
My journey into perfection is still way too far. But this is a beginning, knowing that I am not alone, because God is as close as my nerve to my neck.
That is the first step to believe.
"Where is God"
I was shut for a moment, not knowing any proper word to answer. The only thing I knew about God's location was preached by my religion teacher in junior high school,
God is closer to you than your neck to your nerves.
So I touched her neck and whispered in her ears, God with you now is as close as my voice to you, I said.
She wondered again, as long as I have my sight, I never seen God, she said. I bear a smile which I realize she would never see, because honestly I didn't know how to answer her. I wasn't that close to God anyway.
She was gone several months later. Leave such a deep misery to myself. I still send my best prayer for her, for teaching me so many things about live.
Now, I found that my answer to her was exaclty right. I feel it. I feel God in my every breath. The truth that I was just answer her any word that crossed my mind shames me, I didn't feel the presence of God that much at that time. I was just lying to her.
Now I find that my answer is correct, my teacher's saying is correct, I don't want to let God gone further. It is true that I was born Islam, I practice the rituals habitually, not by my inside willingness, but that habit is something I hold on, and internalize into something I can not live without, something to keep God close to me.
My journey into perfection is still way too far. But this is a beginning, knowing that I am not alone, because God is as close as my nerve to my neck.
That is the first step to believe.


Komentar